Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beauty Mark: Body Image & the Race for Perfection (Educational Edition) - Trailer

I found this trailer clip when I was researching for about body images. I will try to get the full version at the Fullerton Campus. I hope they have it.




Personal thoughts: After viewing the educational version of this film, gives me deep insights of how body image and eating disorders can start at childhood from trying to achieve an innocent dream. These women and men are dissatisfied with their bodies not only because they want to look like the idealized image of beauty, but they are dissatisfied with their body for performance purposes. Most athletes have body image issues or developed eating disorders because they want to alter their body to perform better in their sports. These serious eating disorders may lead to the end of their careers because the condition of their health or even death. This made me realized that people who are not satisfy with their body are not superfical and want to look better, but it can be for their dream of becoming an athlete. This short film left a impression on me that I should not take body image and body satisfaction for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers